Infinix’s latest HOT 10 Play comes priced at KES. 15,500, and at this price it competes with a couple of devices already in the market. One of these devices is the Galaxy A02 from Samsung which comes in a couple of variants. For about KES. 15,000, you can get the 64GB model of the Galaxy A02.
Here are the similarities between the two devices:
- Display Resolution – both max out at 720p in terms of display resolution. The Infinix is at 1640x720p while the A02 is at 1600x720p. The difference here is negligible. However, the Infinix has a larger display, so that may be something to consider.
- Build Quality – Both have a glass front, a plastic back, and a plastic frame.
- Main Cameras – Both have a main 13MP camera. However, one cannot tell quality from just this. Software plays a big role nowadays. From first impressions of the Hot 10 Play, the camera is okay for this price point.
- Storage size – Both have 64GB of Storage for the variants we’re comparing. However, they differ in RAM.
- Android Version – Both run Android 10.
The similarities may make you wonder which between the two devices you should go with. However the differences is where you get to see which device will stand out. And here they are.
- Display Sizes – the Infinix features a huge 6.82-inch panel while the Galaxy A02 features a 6.5-inch panel. Both are big phones. However, the HOT 10 Play will be way bigger on your hand. And for those who love big phones, that’s the obvious pick.
- Front cameras – The Infinix has an 8MP front camera while the Samsung has a 5MP front camera. On this though, the difference can’t be that big in terms of the output you can expect.
- Processors – The Galaxy A02 uses a processor from 2017 while the HOT 10 Play uses a processor from 2020 which is not only more powerful but also more efficient, and less demanding.
- RAM – the Galaxy A02 has 3GB RAM while the HOT 10 Play has 4GB RAM. More RAM is good for multi-tasking and helps a lot with huge apps, and games.
- Battery size – The HOT 10 Play has a 6000mAh battery while the Galaxy A02 has a 5000mAh battery.
- Charging speeds – The Galaxy A02 supports 7.75W slow charging. While the HOT 10 Play supports 10W slow charging. Both will take time if you’re charging from 0 to 100%.
|Infinix HOT 10 Play||Galaxy A02|
|PRICE||KES. 15,500||KES. 13,500 for 32GB Model|
KES. 15,000 for 64GB Model
|Build||Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame||Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame|
|Display||6.82 inches HD+ IPS LCD Panel|
720 x 1640 pixels resolution
|6.5-inch PLS TFT LCD (~270 ppi density)|
Resolution 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
|Rear Camera||Dual Setup:|
13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, AF
Secondary unspecified camera
13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), AF
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
|Front Camera||8MP||5 MP, f/2.2|
|Chipset||MediaTek Helio G35 |
Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
(Expandable Storage with dedicated Slot)
eMMC 5.1 storage (Dedicated MicroSD card slot up to 1TB)
|Operating System||Android 10, XOS 7||Android 10 with OneUI 2|
|Battery||Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable|
10W slow charging
|Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G||2G, 3G, 4G VoLTE|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 02.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
microUSB 2.0 with OTG
3.5mm audio jack
Bluetooth 5.0, and GNSS (GPS, GLONASS).
3.5mm headphone jack
|Colour options||Aegean Blue, Morandi Green, Obsidian Black, Purple||Denim Black, Denim Blue, Denim Gray, and Denim Red|
|Others||Rear Fingerprint Scanner|