Are you passionate about the future of the internet and its governance? The ICANN Fellowship Program is calling for applications, offering a unique opportunity for individuals from underserved and underrepresented communities to play an active role in shaping the internet’s direction.
ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, is dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive multi-stakeholder model. The Fellowship Program is designed to provide community members with a platform to learn, engage, and contribute to ICANN’s work, particularly in the policymaking, operation of the Domain Name System (DNS), and the overall security and stability of the global internet.
- Age: You must be at least 21 years old.
- Engagement: Have an interest or are already active in ICANN’s work.
- Learning: Must complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s).
- Exclusivity: Not be involved with other ICANN-supported travel programs.
- Fellowship Cap: Can have no more than two previous fellowships.
- Community Involvement: Prove involvement in one of the ICANN communities.
Recognitions and Awards:
Returning fellows can receive the Tarek Kamel Fellowship Recognition. Moreover, those from the African region with technical backgrounds may be eligible for the prestigious Paul Muchene Fellow Award, in honor of the late Paul Muchene, a former participant and staff member.
- Participation in mentoring and learning programs.
- Completion of additional required ICANN Learn courses.
- Attendance at ICANN Public Meetings and associated activities.
- Networking with alumni and community members.
- Completing surveys post-meeting.
Mark your calendars! The application round for the ICANN Public Meeting in Africa opens on 18 November 2023 at 23:59 UTC and closes on 16 December 2023 at 23:59 UTC. The selected fellows will be announced on 12 February 2024. The meeting dates are set for 10-13 June 2024. Further details for the ICANN8 General Meeting are to be determined.
This fellowship is not only a chance to gain invaluable knowledge and experience but also to make your voice heard in the global arena of internet governance. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are eager to contribute to ICANN’s mission, prepare your application. This is your opportunity to be at the forefront of internet policy development and join a network of leaders and changemakers from around the globe.
Don’t let this chance slip by—get ready to apply and potentially become a part of the ICANN Fellowship Program. Your journey towards influencing the future of the internet starts here!