Easier home learning with PataTutor Online Education marketplace
As shared by Kelvin Dol, Founder and CEO, PataTutor Africa:
PataTutor has announced the launch of its online, education-based market place. The web app shall allow parents and students to find, compare, book, and pay for affordable, verified, and professional private academic tutors. Teachers and students shall have their lessons online (one-on-one or in groups) in our integrated online classrooms on the web app.
PataTutor will help parents with children whose schools have shut down but have not provided an online learning alternative for their students during the pandemic. Furthermore, the platform will help Kenyan teachers who have taken a big hit and are currently at home without salaries due to the school closures to be able to earn an income.
- Live online classrooms integrated into our web application.
- Variety of lesson types: one-on-one online tuition lessons, online group lessons, and one-on-one in-person lessons.
- Learners with special needs will also be able to use the platform to book lessons with teachers trained to meet their specific needs.
- All tutors are shortlisted, vetted, interviewed and have their qualifications and experience verified before being approved to teach on the platform.
- Ratings and reviews for teachers.
- Affordable pricing.
- Secure payment for lessons via M-Pesa can be done directly on the platform
What makes Patatutor Unique?
- Our platform allows teaching to take place in a live, online, interactive classroom.
- In comparison to the online meeting platforms currently being used to teach online in Kenya, PataTutor’s integrated online classroom has been designed specifically for making the teaching of subjects much easier, especially subjects like mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- Parents/students will be able to seamlessly find, compare, book, and pay for a one-on-one session and group classes with our tutors in less than 5 minutes.
Who’s the main Audience for Patatutor?
Based on the feedback we have received to date, our audience comprises of women between age 30-45 and men aged between 35-50 with children of school-going age whose schools are not providing their children with alternative online learning solutions, especially during this pandemic. This group also includes parents who are looking for live online tuition services for their children to improve their performance in school. We are also looking to serve students who shall be sitting exams in the foreseeable future.