HMD Global has today announced three new additions to its phones portfolio, plus a new set of wireless earbuds. The new phones are:
- the Nokia XR20 – which HMD says is built to survive anything life can throw at you.
- the Nokia C30 – which joins the Nokia C-Series featuring the biggest battery and largest screen yet in that series
- the Nokia 6310 – a reimagined classic from Nokia’s past days.
HMD says the XR20 is built to handle extreme temperatures, up to 1.8m drops, up to 1hr under water, and more. HMD also calls the device a “life-proof” phone enclosed in a sleek and timeless design.
The phone comes with a 48MP+13MP dual camera with ZEISS Optics, and OZO spatial audio. The device supports 5G, and features 15W wireless charging.
The phone uses Corning Gorilla Glass Victus – which is one of the toughest of glasses out there. To test its durability, Brazilian football legend Roberto Carlos and female world champion freestyler Lisa Zimouche put the new Nokia XR20 through a series of tough tests. From dunking it in icy water to being kicked, flipped and spun screen-first across a concrete gravel football pitch.
HMD promises to give the Nokia XR20 four years of monthly security updates, and three years OS upgrades.
The Nokia brings the largest display and battery in the C-Series. There’s a huge 6.82-inch HD+ display, and a 6000mAh battery. It is wrapped in a sturdy polycarbonate shell which HMD says you can trust to last.
HMD says the the Nokia 6310 is a classic reimagined for today’s connected user. Bringing advanced accessibility, optimised ergonomics, and battery for weeks, it honours everything that Nokia phones stand for. And yes – the Snake game is still here.
With accessibility at its core, the refreshed larger push buttons and ample display make screen time more effortless and enjoyable. The new zoomed-in menus and larger font options improve readability and text messages can be listened to for ease of use.
Nokia Clarity Earbuds Pro:
The new Nokia Clarity Earbuds Pro, HMD explains, give high performance sound with build quality and battery life that can keep up. The powerful combination of dual mic environment noise cancellation (ENC), Qualcomm® cVc™, and active noise cancellation (ANC) captures and eliminates background noise for superb call and music clarity.
Pricing and availability
- The Nokia XR20 will be available in select markets globally starting 27th July in Ultra Blue and Granite colour options and comes in 4/64GB and 6/128GB configurations. Global average RRP 499 EUR
- The Nokia C30 will be available in select markets globally starting 27th July in Green and White colour options and comes in 2/32GB, 3/32GB and 3/64GB configurations. Global average RRP 99 EUR
- The Nokia 6310 will be available in select markets globally starting 27th July in Dark Green, Yellow, Black and Light Blue (India only) colour options. Global average RRP 40 EUR