BAKE Awards 2021 Submissions Now Open
The Bloggers Association of Kenya has announced the launch of the 2021 BAKE Awards. The announcement comes after over a year hiatus necessitated by the pandemic.
Kenyans can now submit their preferred sites to the awards which will have the following timelines:
- Submissions phase –14th September – 20th October 2021
- Judging phase – 21st October -1st November 2021
- Online voting – 2nd November – 10th December 2021
- Virtual Winners’ Gala event – 17th December 2021
This will be the 9th year the association celebrates and awards bloggers in different categories.
2019 BAKE Awards:
In 2019, the Association introduced a new category, Best Podcast which saw Amani Maranga become the first winner in that category. The total number of categories now stands at 24.
Also included in the winners’ list was JustJoykendi.com, who won the overall Kenyan Blog of the Year category, Lyraoko.com in the photography category, leotunapika.com in the food category, africancityplanner.com in the environmental category and fashionablestepmum.com in the fashion and style category.
In 2019, the competition saw more than 10,000 blogs being submitted and 800,000 votes being recorded. Women dominated the awards, winning in 15 out of 23 categories.
- Submissions will be accepted in 23 categories and a blog can only be submitted in one category that it fits best.
- There is an exception, however, for new blogs (blogs set up in January 2019 onward) which can be submitted in the New Blog category and in another category in which they fit.
- The rule that makes three-time (or more) winners in the awards ineligible to compete, still stands.
- To submit blogs into the BAKE Awards 2021, visit bakeawards.co.ke/submit.