Infinix today announced its first 5G smartphone, ZERO 5G, delivering the benefits of 5G – such as faster downloads and greater coverage. The smartphone is integrated with a 6nm MediaTek’s Dimensity 900 master processor for high-performance gaming, a uni-curve design for a sleek look and feel, a 48MP AI Triple camera with 30x ultra-zoom for crisp close-ups of distant objects, a 6.78” FHD+ ultra-smooth display with 120Hz Refresh Rate and 240Hz Touch Sample Rate for lower latency and immediate responsiveness and a 5000mAh with 33W quick charge technology to power users through their entire day.
“Infinix is setting a strong course in today’s fast-growing marketplace and providing innovative, yet highperformance 5G technology that is more attainable to users through the new ZERO 5G smartphone,” stated Charles Ding, Deputy Product Director of Infinix Mobility. “Our innovation gives users a smartphone with better performance from a slimmer and stylish design that includes every key technology feature they are looking for in a 5G device that offers the most bang for its buck within its price range.”
Infinix says it is improving the user experience with 5G technology with super fast connectivity that better supports bandwidth-heavy apps such as gaming and video streaming. With the growing number of people using their smartphones for mobile gaming and streaming, 5G connectivity has become a crucial feature for smartphone devices. The Infinix ZERO 5G is equipped with a powerful 6nm MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G chipset bringing a full-domain and full-speed 5G network experience. Its Clever 5G Mode automatically switches between link4G and 5G according to the user’s bandwidth, which can significantly improve download and gaming speed and reduce power consumption.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 900 5G chipset is built on a 6nm high-performance manufacturing node and integrated with a 5G New Radio (NR) sub-6GHz modem with carrier aggregation. The chipset is equipped with an octa-core central processing unit (CPU) consisting of two Arm Cortex-A78 processors with a clock speed of up to 2.4GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 cores operating at up to 2GHz that deliver exceptional performance for snappier app responses, faster frames per second (FPS) for gaming and better connected experiences.
With the chipset’s Arm Mali-G68 MC4 graphics processing unit (GPU) and an independent artificial intelligence (AI) processing unit (APU), power-efficiency is optimized to extend battery life even further for mobile gamers. The ZERO 5G smartphone provides even faster and more reliable connectivity for gamers with Wi-Fi 6 and 2×2 MIMO technology that offers about 1.2Gbps connectivity speeds.
Infinix takes the ZERO 5G’s connectivity solutions even further with Dual 5G SIM technology, which enables the smartphone to connect to two separate 5G SIMs, intelligently switching to the fastest network and enabling seamless internet access from both connections as needed, powering users day’s like never before on an Infinix device.
Smartphone design is heavily driven by the desire for bigger screens and more minimal yet functional features without losing the key technologies – such as camera quality, memory capacity and battery life.
The unique design of the ZERO 5G incorporates subtle textures and colors that reflect the serenity of natural sceneries with three bold colors including: Cosmic Black to represent distant galaxies, Skylight Orange to represent the bright and energizing sun and Horizon Blue to represent the mesmerizing sky.
Capture Every Moment
The ZERO 5G features a crisp 48MP main camera with 30x ultra-zoom comprising of a 13MP portrait camera and 2MP virtual camera. The 30X 48MP zoom camera allows users to capture stunningly highquality from a great distance. Users can also capture moments that the human eye cannot normally see, with the 960 frames per second (fps) slow motion capabilities for stunning video captures. !
On the front of the ZERO 5G, the 16MP Dual Flash Light and enhanced artificial intelligence (AI) shooting technology bring out the best in you in all angles and lighting conditions so your selfies and video calls are on point every single time.
Other key features of Infinix’s ZERO 5G Series include:
- A 5000mAh battery and 33W quick charge: The 5000 mAh battery supports all-day usage and can be quickly charged with TÜV Rheinland safe fast-charge technology enabling the smartphone to last through 9.4 hours of gaming, 27 days on standby, 22 hours of calling and 152 hours of music playback (testing data provided by Infinix lab).
- Universal Flash Storage UFS 3.1 and LPDDR5: The LPDDR5 brings a new height of speed for ZERO 5G smartphone, which substantially improves memory performance, and further reduces power consumption. As an added boost, the UFS 3.1-based storage doubles sequential read performance and increases download speeds.
- Infinix’s Dar-Link 2.0: The software improves the image stability and the sensitivity of touch control that is based on an AI algorithm, while simultaneously bringing down the temperature of the device to provide a fully immersive gaming experience.
- XArena:Enhances your gaming experience by integrating game applications into a single zone an d thus game booster is enabled for the game. There are quick settings that allow you to focus on your game by blocking messages and incoming calls without worrying about any other distractions.
- Heat Pipe Thermal Module 2.0: This feature systematically monitors the temperature of the ZERO 5G smartphone so users can immerse themselves in the long-lasting gameplay without worrying about overheating.
- Android XOS 10: The ZERO 5G’s XOS 10 software offers an upgraded interface, AI voice assistant, smart assistant, phone cloner 2.0 and doc correction. For enhanced security, it also comes with X-proof, which secures the screen from behind, and privacy tracker, so users can keep their information private and control when it is shared, as the data is never uploaded to the cloud.
The Infinix Zero 5G is currently available on pre-order online at Xpark https://bit.ly/3qVx4N1 and will be available in outlets countrywide from 8th April at an RRP of Ksh 32,999.