Back in September, Showmax launched Sport Streaming in Kenya. This included live streaming games, shows and highlights from all major events.
In October, Showmax has taken things further, scheduling two marathons and 13 live football matches between now and the end of the month from the English Premier League, Italy’s Serie A, Spain’s La Liga, and the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Here are the Sporting Events on Showmax this October:
- 15 Oct UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifiers: Switzerland vs Republic of Ireland
- 18 Oct La Liga: Granada vs Osasuna
- 19 Oct Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Watford
- 19 Oct La Liga: Mallorca vs Real Madrid
- 20 Oct Amsterdam Marathon
- 20 Oct Serie A: Sampdoria vs Roma
- 20 Oct Serie A: Parma vs Genoa
- 21 Oct Premier League: Sheffield United vs Arsenal
- 25 Oct La Liga: Villarreal vs Alaves
- 26 Oct Serie A: Inter Milan vs Parma
- 26 Oct West Ham United vs Sheffield United
- 27 Oct Frankfurt Marathon
- 27 Oct La Liga Celta Vigo vs Real Sociedad
- 27 Oct Serie A: Torino vs Cagliari
- 27 Oct Premier League: Norwich Vs Manchester United
In an official release, Niclas Ekdahl, CEO of MultiChoice’s Connected Video division, said:
“It’s early days for sport on Showmax – at the moment we’re in a testing phase to gauge interest. We’ll be trying a bunch of different content to see what works and see how people interact with it.
“There are now three major content legs to Showmax. First, we’ve got international smash hits from the likes of HBO, the people who brought the world Game of Thrones. Second, we’re the home of African content with a huge catalogue of top-flight local shows and movies. And now with sport we’ve added a unique third leg, something that we think clearly sets Showmax apart and gives us the competitive edge.”