Redmi NOTE 9 now available in Kenya
Back in April, Xiaomi Kenya announced the Redmi Note 9s was available in the market. It has been one of my most recommended device for many people looking for a phone within its price point. It ticks all my checkboxes at its price.
Well, now joining the Redmi Note 9s there’s now the Redmi NOTE 9 Pro, and Redmi Note 9. The major differences between these three devices are:
- The processors: The Redmi NOTE 9 Pro and the Redmi 9s have Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 720G. The Redmi Note 9 on the other hand has the Helio G85 processor from Mediatek
- The back cameras: The Redmi Note 9 Pro has a 64MP main lens, while the Redmi Note 9s, and the Redmi Note 9 have 48MP lenses.
- The selfie cameras: The Redmi Note 9 Pro has a centred 32MP punch-hole selfie camera, while the Redmi Note 9s has a centred 16MP punch-hole selfie camera. The Redmi Note 9 on the other hand has a 13MP selfie camera punch-hole on the left of the screen
Make sure you know which of the three devices you have your eyes on. I personally love the balance of the Redmi Note 9s. And will keep recommending it for anyone looking for a cool device within its range.
Xiaomi has also brought in to the Kenyan market the Mi NOTE 10 Lite. This is a higher end device from the company and packs an AMOLED display, Snapdragon 730G, and a bigger battery.
The prices of the new devices are as follows:
- Mi NOTE 10 Lite: KES. 37,670 for the 6/64GB model and KES. 39070 for the 6/128GB model
- Redmi Note 9 Pro: KES. 24,999 for the 6/64GB model and KES. 27,999 for the 6/128GB model
- Redmi Note 9: KES. 19,999 for the 3/64GB model and KES. 24,999 for the 4/128GB model
But that’s not all, Xiaomi has also announced that the Redmi 9 Series which are the Redmi 9, and the Redmi 9A (I can’t wait) will be launched in the market soon. Hopefully, from July 20th.
All the new devices are available on Jumia, all Xiaomi Mi Homes, and partner retail stores across the country.
Redmi NOTE 9 PRO Specifications:
6/64GB – KES. 24,999
6/128GB – KES. 27,999
|Display||6.67 inches IPS LCD 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio|
Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame
450 nits typ. brightness
|Rear Camera||64 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF|
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
5 MP, f/2.4 (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4 depth sensor
|Front Camera||32 MP, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)|
|RAM||6/8 GB RAM|
|Storage||64/128 GB Storage UFS 2.1|
(Expandable 256GB microSD card -dedicated)
|Operating System||Android 10.0; MIUI 11|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 5020 mAh battery|
33W Fast Charge
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
FM radio, recording
USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
|Colour options||Aurora Blue, Glacier White, Interstellar Gray|