OPPO’s Reno6 5G has the best battery of all smartphones tested by DXOMARK. The device which is available in the Kenyan market tops out on the list by getting 96 points. Meanwhile the iPhone 13 Pro Max comes second with 89 points. The top 10 list is included below.
DXOMARK takes phones through different tests and ranks them on different lists. The battery test is a rigorous process which takes hours to achieve results. It starts with testing battery life to see how long a charge lasts (autonomy). After that, there’s a test on charging to see how fast the phone charges. Lastly, they test how effectively the device manages its battery during charge up and discharge.
All the three steps are done in different conditions so as to establish just how the battery will behave. DXOMARK have explained the process in this article.
The OPPO Reno6 5G which I reviewed and you should read that review, comes with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging. This allows the phone to charge to 100% very fast. On fast charging, the phone scored 109 points.
Earlier on I’d written an article on how 65W fast charging changes your whole smartphone experience.
According to the tests done by DXOMARK on the Reno6 5G;
- It can do over 10hrs of autonomy with just a 5-minute charge when the battery level is under 50% capacity. This is the best quick boost autonomy of any other smartphone tested by DXOMARK.
- It also has the best charge-up performance, earning it a first place of 101 for overall efficiency.
- The phone outshine others in overall autonomy delivering 57hrs on moderate use. This is tested over social media, gaming, streaming music and video (both on cellular and WiFi)
OPPO Kenya in a statement say, the RENO series has proven to be a hit with smartphone users worldwide. Since 2014, the company has released over 30 devices that support VOOC Charing technology, bringing this fast, convenient, and safe charging technology to more than 195 million people worldwide.
DXOMark’s top 10 smartphone batteries:
- OPPO Reno6 5G – 96
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 89
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G – 89
- Vivo Y72 5G – 89
- Samsung Galaxy M51 – 88
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 – 87
- OPPO A74 – 86
- Wiko Power U30 – 86
- Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G – 85
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro – 84