This article covers how to ensure your Airtel SIM card registration details are up to date, and compliant as per requirements. A while back there was a huge rush to registering SIM cards, as Kenyans feared their lines would be blocked. The Communication Authority of Kenya then extended the deadline by 5 months giving Kenyans the chance to do self registration online.
Dial *106# and select option 1 to check your status to know if you’re compliant or not.
Updating Airtel Kenya SIM Card Registration Details:
- Visit the Airtel Kenya Portal at https://airtelkenya.com/lp/kyc/
- Enter the Phone Number whose details you with to update
- Click “Validate and get OTP”
- You will receive a ONE TIME Password (OTP) which you should enter to continue
- If already compliant you’ll see message telling you there’s no need for going through process
- Now upload a picture of your ID both front and back sides separately.
- Make sure the pictures are clear and properly cropped to only focus on the ID bit.
- Click Submit!
Airtel was giving free 500MBs after successful registration. It’s not clear if this is still happening right now. In case you cannot complete your registration details, you’re advised to visit an Airtel Centre or Shop to have them update the details for you.