YEGO taxi expands to Kenya charging drivers lowest commission at 12%
YEGO Global has launched operations in Kenya through its subsidiary – YEGO Mobility Kenya Limited to provide customized taxi-hailing services that are set to revolutionize urban mobility in the country with better terms for drivers and fair fares for passengers.
The launch follows what the company explains as “in-depth on-ground feasibility studies” over the past two years and targets addressing pain points of the driver community and passengers.
YEGO says it already has 5,000 drivers on their platform. These have signed up in the last 15 days. The company says it expects to have almost every driver in Nairobi join YEGO in the coming weeks.
Advantages of YEGO Taxi in Kenya:
- Has the lowest commissions in the industry at 12%
- YEGO drivers are provided personal accident insurance at no cost and medical insurance to qualifying Drivers.
- Fares will also be kept in line with the prevailing fuel prices and traffic situations, and drivers can withdraw their earnings on demand with the actual processing fees.
- A drivers’ SACCO (savings and credit cooperative) is being set up and YEGO Mobility Kenya has committed to pay 10% of its dividend to the SACCO to secure the Drivers’ future.
- You can start a ride by simply scanning a QR code with the unique ‘Pair Ride’, a feature not available with any other ride-hailing companies.
- The in-App wallet allows passengers to simply walk away at the end of the ride without having to pull out cash or even enter a PIN.
- The company says they take Passenger and Driver security seriously having a stringent vetting process, plus a 24/7 Call Centre.
- YEGO encourages drivers to save and build a good credit score which will help them access finance, upgrade their vehicles, be covered by insurance and much more.
“It is a very proud moment for YEGO Mobility to be the 1st licensed app by NTSA in Kenya. We are providing a customized solution for Kenya, one that has been purpose built to free the driver community from the digital slavery of the Gig economy,” said Karanvir Singh, CEO and Founder of YEGO Global.
YEGO Global has been operating in Rwanda since 2016 where it became the first licensee in Rwanda to provide a smart mobility solution using Intelligent Connected Fare Meters (ICFM).
The company’s operation in Rwanda have been recognised globally for driving inclusion, innovation and upliftment of women and youth, by reputable organisations such as Fast Company, Africacom, and AppsAfrica Innovation Awards.