Very many times on this blog, I have talked about how phones with crazy good specs are popping up everywhere at affordable prices. For example, the two crazy good but cheap phones I have recently reviewed are the TECNO Phantom 6 Plus and the Infinix Zero 4 Plus.
Anyway, Xiaomi is a company that does things without the fear of being accused of copying, because they can. And they have with their latest flagship which:
- Looks like Samsung S7
- Has the Samsung S8’s Power (In terms of Processor. But with more RAM)
- Has the iPhone 7 cameras
- Base model starts at $360 (about Ksh. 36,000) with top model about $435
So yeah if you want to buy the new iPhone 7 because of the cameras, or you want the S8’s Snapdragon 835 Processor, but can’t spend all that money on either, you can get the Xiaomi Mi6 which goes on sale in China as from April 28th and internationally later on.
In Kenya, you can either import the device from online retailers like Gearbest etc. Or you can hope that Avechi.com will have it. It will cost a little more with taxes included.
Here are the Xiaomi Mi6 Specifications:
- 5.15 Full HD screen
- Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM (All models)
- 64GB internal storage for base model
- 8MP front camera
- Two 12MP back cameras (Wide-angle and Telephoto lens) With 10x digital zoom, 2x lossless zoom and Optical Image stabilisation.
- Under-glass fingerprint scanner
- Android 7 Nougat with MIUI 8
- Many other features
Device comes in a couple of colours. There’s a ceramic premium model with 18k gold around the cameras still in the price range stated above.
What are your thoughts? Does this change your plans for the Samsung Galaxy S8?