TECNO Phantom 8 is official. Read about it here: https://tech-ish.com/2017/10/22/tecno-phantom-8-2/
TECNO have confirmed the 20MP front camera with dual LED flash. They’ve also confirmed what they are calling new attractive diamond style design. They however haven’t separated details of Phantom 8 and 8 Plus.
The news is out, TECNO will launch their next flagship in Dubai on 22nd. And expectedly, there will be a Phantom 8 and a Phantom 8 Plus.
Incase you haven’t noticed, this year has been the year of number 8. Most flagships were 8. And TECNO has decided to jump 7 and go to 8. I suggested this last year when the Phantom 6 and 6 Plus leaked.
By the way this one time Samsung jumped from 5 to 7, the faced a lot of issues and had to recall millions of devices. So…. Hope nothing will happen.
These are the expected (trust me hehe) specifications of the Phantom 8:
- A 5.5 inch full HD display
- 6GB RAM
- 32GB or 64GB storage
- 13MP + 5MP dual rear cameras (Like on the Phantom 6)
- 8MP front camera
- Helio P25 Octa-core 2.6GHz Processor
- 3500mAh battery
- Android 7 Nougat (with OTA Nougat update)
- Plastic finish
And these are the expected specifications of the Phantom 8 Plus (which will obviously be TECNO’s best to date):
- A 6.0 inch full HD display
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB storage
- Helio X30 Processor
- One normal camera lens + one 2x Telephoto Lens camera
- 20MP front camera
- 4000mAh battery
- Android 7 Nougat (or some suggest Android 8 Oreo)
- Metal or Glass finish
These are not officially confirmed. They are based on leaks. But everything will be confirmed come 22nd October.
What I am kinda sure of is:
- The 6GB of RAM
- The 2x telephoto lens
- Ability for 10x Super Zoom
- The Helio X30 processor for the 8 Plus and the Helio P25 for the normal Phantom 8
- And that there will be a “Designed by TECNO Made in China“
What are your thoughts? Pricing in Kenya, what do you think?