No, Netflix haven’t introduced a direct way to pay with M-Pesa. You still have to choose between using your card, or using PayPal. The method described here is one where you use PayPal that’s linked to your M-Pesa. This is a quick article to explain to everyone who’s asking how they can Pay for Netflix from their M-Pesa:
- Open a PayPal account: here
- Make sure your PayPal account name is 100% same as your M-Pesa registration name.
- Link your PayPal account to your M-Pesa account here: http://paypal-mobilemoney.com/
- Deposit cash from your M-Pesa to your PayPal account from the link above.
- Open a Netflix Account here
- When adding Payment Option, choose Pay with PayPal
- Link your Paypal to your Netflix account
- There you go!
Now each month, you’ll need to add an amount to your PayPal account as Netflix will automatically deduct the cash each month. You can also just choose to link your Debit Card to your PayPal account so that you make all your Payments through PayPal but from your linked Card.
Netflix can easily in future introduce a method to pay directly from M-Pesa. For example they can have Android Users pay from Google Play Store which currently supports M-Pesa Xpress. Or they can have an M-Pesa paybill number.