The Android 11 Beta Program is open. And this year once again, TECNO has a device on the list of early smartphones testing the upcoming version of Android. While this has been a preserve of high-end devices and mostly Google-made smartphones, things have been changing over the last few years.
Last year, the company had the TECNO Spark 3 as part of the early testers of Android 10, and this year, we have the Pouvoir 4. For those who have the Pouvoir 4, if you’re interested in testing out Android 11 before everyone else, there’s a guide by TECNO on their website on steps to follow.
Stephen HA, Vice President of TRANSSION and GM of TECNO Mobile, said: “We are dedicated to further integrate smart software and smart hardware into a seamless smart ecosystem and constantly improve consumer experience to the next level. As a long-term partner of Google ecosystem, we are excited to work closely with Google Andriod to bring even more exciting products and deliver extraordinary experiences through technology and innovation.”
TECNO Mobile is one of major player and has a presence in more than 60 countries across over the world. The Pouvoir 4 is a 4G smartphone with 6000mah battery and 7’’ screen. With Android 11, the new features users will be receiving on their device include:
- One-time permissions: It gives users the ability to specify more granular permissions for location, microphone, and camera.
- Optional location permission: It gives users more control over when an app can access location information whenever your app requests access to foreground location.
- ADB incremental APK installation: It accelerates this process by installing enough of the APK to launch the app while streaming the remaining data in the background.
- Optimized screen display: It can specify the intractable area of the display to prevent elements from notches to make users experience much better.
- Chat bubble: New multitasking surface for communicating with the most important people in your chat apps. Users can access a chat anywhere, and use your app UI to communicate before resuming their previous task.
You can look forward to our review of the Pouvoir 4 which is coming soon.
TECNO Pouvoir 4 Specifications:
|PRICE||RRP. KES. 14,999|
|Display||7-inch 720 x 1640 pixels HD+ screen|
13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP + 0.3 MP
|Front Camera||8MP with Flash|
|Processor||MTK 2.0Ghz Octac-core (Helio A22)|
|Memory||32GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card)|
|Operating System||Android 10 with HiOS Skin|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G/LTE|
|Connectivity||2.4G Wi-Fi, microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack|
|Colour options||Purple, Green, Black|
|Others||Rear Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock, Micro USB|