Back in February 2020, we had an article on apps containing Joker and Haken viruses, urging you to delete those apps.
Well, according to the Entrepreneur, the virus has returned, and it can empty your Bank Accounts without you noticing.
PCRisk explains that ‘Joker’ is a malware Trojan that targets Android users with the main purpose of generating revenue for the cyber criminals responsible through fraudulent advertising activities.
According to the article, the virus was found in the following apps – which Google has since deleted:
- Auxiliary Message
- Element Scanner
- Fast Magic SMS
- Free CamScanner
- Go Messages
- Super Message
- Super SMS
- Travel Wallpapers
If you have any of these apps installed on your phone, it would be wise to delete them ASAP.
According to Cybersecurity company Zscaler, the following apps are also affected and should be deleted:
- Private SMS
- Hummingbird PDF Converter – Photo to PDF
- Style Photo Collage
- Talent Photo Editor – Blur focus
- Paper Doc Scanner
- All Good PDF Scanner
- Care message
- Part Message
- Blue Scanner
- Direct Messenger
- One Sentence Translator – Multifunctional Translator
- Mint Leaf Message-Your Private Message
- Unique Keyboard – Fancy Fonts & Free Emoticons
- Tangram App Lock
- Desire Translate
- Meticulous Scanner
How to know if Joker could have affected you:
According to PCRisk, these are some symptoms that can tell you if you’ve been affected by the malware.
- The device is running slowly
- System settings are modified without users’ permission
- Dubious applications appear
- Data and battery usage is increased significantly
- Browsers redirect to rogue websites
- Intrusive advertisements are delivered.