The latest in the NOTE series from both Xiaomi and Infinix are the Redmi NOTE 11 Pro and the NOTE 12 VIP respectively. These are both really good devices. They’re both powered by the Mediatek Helio G96 processor. In this article, let’s breakdown the specs of each device to help give you an idea of what to go for.
Both have dual speakers, USB Type-C and NFC support. Both have AMOLED displays supporting 120Hz refresh rates, and 360Hz touch-sampling rates.
- Infinix NOTE 12 VIP offers 256GB of internal storage while Redmi NOTE 11 Pro offers 128GB
- Infinix NOTE 12 VIP weighs 198g while Redmi NOTE 11 Pro weighs 202g
- The NOTE 12 VIP has dual SIM cards plus an SD slot. The Redmi NOTE 11 Pro has a hybrid system where you can have dual SIM cards, or a single SIM card and an SD slot.
- The NOTE 12 VIP supports 120W fast charging from 0-100% in 17mins. The Redmi NOTE 11 Pro supports 67W fast charging from 0-100% in 42mins.
- The NOTE 12 VIP has a 4500mAH battery while the Redmi NOTE 11 Pro has 5000mAh battery.
- The NOTE 12 VIP comes with Android 12 out-of-the-box while the Redmi NOTE 11 Pro comes with Android 11.
What to go for?
This is a tough choice given one device costs almost 7,000 shillings more. If we were comparing the NOTE 12 VIP to the 5G NOTE 11 Pro, it’d be easier to say go for the Infinix since 5G isn’t available here, and that Redmi variant would be more expensive.
However, given the NOTE 12 VIP has faster charging, a slightly bigger display and double storage compared to the Redmi NOTE 11 Pro, those would be features some people would be willing to pay more for. Also, given the NOTE 11 Pro comes with Android 11, and Xiaomi has slacked on updates, getting something with a newer version of Android makes more sense.
But, given the Redmi NOTE 11 Pro has Gorilla Glass protection, features the same cameras and the same processor as the NOTE 12 VIP, but costs much less, that would be a key selling point for many buyers.
What are your thoughts, and which device would you go for?
Full specs Infinix NOTE 12 VIP vs Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 11 Pro:
|Infinix NOTE 12 VIP||Redmi NOTE 11 Pro|
|Prices||RRP KES 41,999||RRP KES 34,999|
|Dimensions and weight||63.5 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm |
|164.19 x 76.1 x 8.12mm|
|Display||6.7 FHD+ AMOLED Display |
120Hz Refresh Rate
360Hz Touch Sampling Rate
700 nits (peak)
|6.67 inches Super AMOLED |
120Hz Refresh Rate
360Hz touch sampling
450 nits (typ), 1100 nits (peak)
Corning Gorilla Glass 5
|Camera||Front-facing camera: |
108MP Main Camera
2MP Depth Sensor
108MP main camera
8MP ultra-wide camera
2MP macro camera
2MP depth camera
|Processor||MediaTek Helio G96||MediaTek Helio G96|
|Memory||8GB RAM, 256GB onboard storage (expandable up to 2 terabytes)||6 and 8GB RAM, 64 and 128GB onboard storage (expandable via microSD)|
|Operating System||Android 12 (XOS 10.6)||MIUI 13 based on Android 11|
|Battery||4,500mAh with 120W fast-charging||5,000mAh – with 67W (wired) turbo-charging|
|Network||3G, 4G||3G, 4G|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, NFC||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, NFC|
|Colour options||Cayenne Grey, Force Black||Graphite Gray, Star Blue|
|Others||Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), dual speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack,||Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), dual speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack, IR blaster|