TECNO has unveiled the CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition in Kenya. The smartphone brand calls it the “world’s first smart device that uses ‘sunlight drawing’ technology’ to allow the phone to change colours in sunlight.” TECNO says the CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition is both artistic and intuitive.
The new device is the same Camon 19 Pro we saw and already reviewed. So the new colour-option – which is also a limited edition device – has the same features including:
- A high-clear crystal sensitive lens with RGBW sensor (co-developed with Samsung) for the 64MP Sensor
- 0.98mm bezels which TECNO says offers the industry’s slimmest form factor, framing a 6.8-inch FHD+ display, to deliver an unsurpassed immersive experience
- A different approach to camera design which TECNO says perfectly balances the camera and back panel aesthetic to create a seamless overall feeling. The metal dual-ring is perfectly integrated with the triple camera using an anodizing process, bringing a sense of professional performance.
- 50MP 2X Optical-Zoom Lens for clearer, more detailed portraits
- AI Face Beauty technology which TECNO says intelligently identifies different facial structures and skin tones, and delivers smoothing complexions and accurate skin tones
- Powerful performance which the company says optimises the phone for the clarity, brightness, and colour accuracy for a stunning viewing experience that’s TuV Rheinland certified.
TECNO and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston partnered to bring the unique vision of Piet Mondrian – the Dutch pioneer of abstract art best known for his bold and colorful block paintings – to a new format that is accessible to consumers in a way not previously explored. TECNO says the new device pays tribute to Piet Mondrian by presenting polychromatic photoisomer technology in a classic and minimalist mobile phone design that perfectly inherits his pure artistic spirit.
The TECNO CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition recently collected two international design awards:
- 2022 MUSE Design Award (US)
- The A’ Design Award (Italy)
“We’ve taken everything our users love about CAMON series – great camera, stylish look, and super thin bezel – and created a smartphone experience that delivers a true one-of-a-kind aesthetic never before seen on a mobile device,” said Alex Liu, Regional Marketing Manager of Kenya, TECNO Mobile. “Today, with the continuous development of the consumer experience economy, art and commercial products are now intertwined. We are so excited to unveil the CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition to reinforce our commitment to innovation – both in the arts and in tech.”
Pricing & Availability:
The CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition, will be retailing for KES 35,000. It shall be available at Safaricom shops, Jumia, MASOKO and all TECNO branded shops countrywide.
|Display||6.8-inch IPS LCD Display|
120Hz Refresh Rate
|Dimensions||166.79 x 74.55 x 8.58mm|
64MP Main Camera with OIS
50MP 50mm Portrait Camera
2MP Depth Lens
Quad LED Flash
|Front Camera||32MP Front Camera with Dual Flash|
|Chipset||Mediatek Helio G96|
|GPU||Mali G57 MC2|
(Expandable by 5GB to 13GB)
(Expandable Storage with dedicated Slot)
|Operating System||Android 12, HiOS 8.6|
|Battery||5000mAh battery |
33W Flash Charge
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4/5G|
3.5mm audio jack
|Colour options||Mondrian Limited Edition|
|Others||Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner|
DTS audio Speakers