The Redmi 8A is hands-down the best budget device currently. Why? Because of a couple of things. Things we keep asking other companies like TECNO, Samsung and Huawei to include when making low budget phones.
- Price: The Redmi 8A costs just KES. 9,999 currently on Jumia. That’s for 2GB RAM, and 32GB storage.
- USB type-C: Not a single other company selling in Kenya has a USB type-C port on phones that cost less than KES. 15,000.
- Gorilla Glass 5: Yes, the phone’s display is Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protected. At that price point. This is something we see on expensive high-end devices.
- A Snapdragon Processor: Most budget devices keep using Mediatek processors. Xiaomi didn’t go that direction with this device.
- A SONY IMX363 camera lens: Google which other phones use that lens. Somehow Xiaomi found a profitable way to have it on a $99 phone.
- 5000mAh battery: Because 4000mAh is too mainsteam in 2019.
The device is now listed on Jumia under Xiaomi’s official store as costing KES. 9,999. So why not get it if that’s your budget.
Redmi 8A Full Specifications and PRICE:
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.22 inch with Gorilla Glass 5|
|Resolution||720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio|
|Operating System||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10 – Will get MIUI 11|
|Chip||Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 (12 nm)|
|External||microSD, up to 512 GB|
|Technology||WiFi, Dual 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0|
|Main||12MP Sony IMX363|
|Battery||5000 mAh battery|
|Colors||Midnight Black, Sunset Red, Ocean Blue|
|Features||No Fingerprint Scanner,|
Fast Charging 18W
Aura Wave Grip Design
|Price||Expected between KES. 9,000 to KES. 11,000|