Canon unveils powerful $6,000 EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera
Canon has announced its highly anticipated EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera – which it says is a powerhouse for sports photography and reportage.
The new camera, Canon explains, blends tradition with cutting edge technology. The EOS R3 offers all the familiarity and speed of Canon’s renowned EOS-1 series, with the innovation and versatility of the pioneering EOS R System.
The company says it designed the camera using feedback from the most demanding professional press and sports photographers. The camera features over 100 improvements upon Canon’s mirrorless and DSLR models.
The result is a camera which Canon says dramatically streamlines workflows and takes the connection between camera and photographer to new levels, for unbeatable speed and responsiveness.
With a brand new, innovative 24.1 megapixel sensor, the EOS R3 gives the optimal balance of performance, resolution and speed to offer news and sports photographers a camera to outperform and outpace the competition.
EOS R3 Key Features:
- New Canon-developed 24.1 megapixel back illuminated stacked CMOS sensor
- 30fps with AF/AE tracking
- Shutter speed offering a range of 30 seconds to 1/64000 of a second when using the electronic shutter
- Eye Control AF point selection
- AF tracking of people, animals (including birds) and motorsports (racing motorbikes and racing cars)
- Full width 6K 60p RAW video recorded internally to a CFexpress card
- Focus in light levels as low as –7.5 EV
Canon has also launched the RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM and the RF 16mm F2.8 STM which are two versatile and powerful RF lenses bringing new focal lengths to the range.