Safaricom customers stand to win data and cash prizes worth KES 60 Million when they purchase a YouTube data bundle, or upload SHORT videos on YouTube. The official hashtag for the campaign is #ShorterIsBetter and is a partnership between Safaricom and YouTube.
Important things to know about the Campaign:
- Eligibility: Open to all Safaricom Prepay and PostPay Customers
- Dates: 25th November 2022 to 23rd January 2023
How to participate on Safaricom YouTube Shorts Campaign:
- Dial *544# and buy bundle, or use mySafaricom App to purchase YouTube bundle
- Upon purchase you will be presented with three lucky numbers.
- Select one number and await response.
- You will receive either free data bundle or an M-PESA amount win or an option to try again later.
Daily prizes include 100MB, 250MB or 500MB data bundles across 60 days, while customers also stand a chance to win weekly M-PESA prizes of KES 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 across 6 weeks.
Customers can also participate by uploading an original YouTube Shorts video and submit their entry via the Safaricom website or *544#. All video entries must be tagged with the challenge’s official hashtag, and must comply to YouTube’s Community Guidelines. Participants will win based on the number of likes the video uploaded has received.
Weekly prizes for the video challenge include KES 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 15,000 or 20,000 M-PESA for 4 weeks, while a grand draw at the end of the challenge will see 6 content creators win KES 1,000,000 each.
Winners will be announced every Monday by 6.00PM on Safaricom PLC’s social media pages starting from 5th December 2022.
“Content creation has opened many opportunities, especially for the youth, and as a purpose-led technology company, we want to enable this digital lifestyle. This promotion offers great prizes for our customers, giving them one more reason to do what they love online on Kenya’s best internet network,” said Peter Ndegwa, Safaricom CEO.